The Complete Guide to Data Stewardship
This seminar details how to set up a data stewardship function, provide training for your stewards, and run the entire stewardship effort – including managing the Data Stewardship Committee. You’ll need help from IT for folks who know the systems and ETL, and this presentation tells you how to coordinate your efforts, including recruiting help from IT for technical stewards, evaluating and installing Data Governance / Stewardship toolsets, and leveraging an IT sponsor.
We will go into considerable detail on what the roles and responsibilities of the data stewards are, what decisions they have to make, and what processes have to be used in order to make those decisions. In addition, it covers how to staff projects for stewardship and funnel the information from projects back into the overall stewardship process. Communications are another important part of stewardship, and we’ll discuss what meetings are needed, what a communications plan looks like, how to report on your stewardship progress, and how to avoid getting overwhelmed by meetings by leveraging modern collaboration tools.
You Will Learn:
- The relationship between data governance and data stewardship
- How to build and staff governance and stewardship organization
- How to recruit stewards and who in the organization is responsible for designating stewards
- What type of person you need in the stewardship role
- What the steward’s responsibilities are
- What the stewardship process looks like
- How to break up responsibilities by functional area
- Resources you can use to minimize endless meetings
- What the decision process is
- How to avoid overwhelming stewards when you have a lot of projects
- What and how to document decisions
- A list of Data Stewardship Best Practices
- How to train your stewards to do what they must do
- How to orchestrate a communications plan
- How to build a status report for stewardship and governance
- How to incorporate your stewards into the responsibilities of Information Security
- What the Stewardship maturity model looks like, and how to rank your stewardship effort
- Data Governance – Execution of Authority over Data Management
- Data Stewardship – Operational Aspect of Data Governance
- Setting up Your Data Stewardship Organization
- Enterprise Resources – Figuring Out What You’ve Got and Where To Put It
- Adjusting Methodology – Data Governance Process Integration
- Working With Stewards – Day-To-Day Practical Aspects
- Practical Stewardship – Maintaining What We Have Accomplished
- Data Stewardship Metrics
- Measuring Maturity and Summary
Kiinnostuitko koulutuksesta?Jos haluat lisätietoa aiheesta The Complete Guide to Data Stewardship, klikkaa alta ja täytä yhteydenottolomake. Kysymyksesi lähetetään suoraan kouluttajalle.
4 afternoons 14.00-18.00
David Plotkin is the Director of Metadata Services at a large financial services institution, directing metadata activity in support of data management, including implementing data governance and data stewardship in applications such as Collibra Data Governance Center. He is also responsible for creation of metadata quality standards, enforcement of business rules through the use of workflows and coordination of personnel across the enterprise, and communication of metadata protocols.
He has been working with data governance, data modeling, metadata and data quality for nearly 30 years. He is a popular speaker at DAMA chapters and conferences, and serves as a subject matter expert on many topics around metadata, data governance, business rules, and data quality. He also is the author of the book “Data Stewardship, an actionable guide to effective Data Management and Data Governance” (2nd edition).
Ari Hovi Oy
Opi maailman parhailta kouluttajilta
Digitalisaation keskiössä on datan hyödyntäminen ja tekijöiden osaaminen. Varmista onnistuminen ja tule oppimaan kouluttajilta, jotka ovat olleet vastuussa maailman vaativimmissa digitalisaatihankkeissa. Kotimaiset kouluttajamme ovat alansa huippuja ja he omaavat vankkaa käytännön kokemusta. Koulutuksiimme on osallistunut tuhansia henkilöä useista kymmenistä yrityksistä ja julkishallinnon...
Saadaksesi lisätietoa aiheesta The Complete Guide to Data Stewardship täytä seuraavat tiedot:
Saatat olla kiinnostunut myös näistä: