Culinary ManagementHaaga-Helia ammattikorkeakoulu – täydennyskoulutus
The course takes the participant to a new level in understanding the culinary business logic and working structure of the professional kitchen.
The course broadens the participant’s views on culinary management and demonstrates what is it like to work in the ever-evolving HoReCa industry. Once the participant is aware of the essentials of culinary management, he/she will have a better understanding of the position of a manager in a professional kitchen.
The participants are expected to watch all the video content under each module, acquaint themselves with additional materials provided, and then take the quizzes. The quiz can be taken 3 times and we recommend that participants watch the videos and practise until they feel they master the topic.
Upon successful completion of the course, the course participants will:
- gain insights into the ever-evolving HoReCa-industry
- understand kitchen management
- understand professional kitchen operations
- get acquainted with the variety of tasks of a head chef
- gain professional advice on how to pursue a career as a manager in a professional kitchen
- understand the basic cooking methods of professional kitchen
- work safely in a professional kitchen
- apply food safety measures when operating in a professional kitchen
Upon successful completion of the course, the course participants will be able to:
- explain the evolution of professional kitchens over the years
- understand the hierarchy of today’s professional kitchen
- create a team working in a professional kitchen
- develop menus and recipes with respect to seasons, diets, availability, and costs
- adopt a safe and hygienic way of working in a professional kitchen
- apply the basic cooking methods of a professional kitchen
This course includes the following tutorials and under each tutorial, there is a plethora of valuable and insightful video lessons:
Tutorial 1. Professional kitchens – From past to present and Fast food to Fine dining
Tutorial 2. The HoReCa business – What and How
Tutorial 3. Leadership and staff management – What does it take to be a good manager?
Tutorial 4. Product development
Tutorial 5. Production planning
Tutorial 6. Safety in a professional kitchen
Tutorial 7. Marketing and Sales
Tutorial 8. The career path of a head chef
Tutorial 9. A virtual tour in the professional kitchen by Sakari Ketolainen
Kiinnostuitko koulutuksesta?Jos haluat lisätietoa aiheesta Culinary Management, klikkaa alta ja täytä yhteydenottolomake. Kysymyksesi lähetetään suoraan koulutuksen järjestäjälle.
This is an introductory course to the fine art of Culinary Management that introduces how a professional kitchen should be managed as well as what life in the professional kitchen really is about. This course also serves well for people already working in a professional kitchen, who wish to broaden their skills and knowledge base.
The course is carried out according to the participant's own schedule. Estimated total study time is 54 hours.
Please note, that the course includes:
- 43 videos
- over 5 hours of video material including theoretical video lessons and practical 360° panorama video lessons on the daily operations of a chef working in a professional kitchen
- 2 video interviews available also as podcasts
- 8 quizzes
Kira Weckman is a Chef and entrepreneur / CEO of KW Catering & Consulting and Training consultant at Metos Ltd. Kira has worked in the Food industry since 2004. She has a degree in Culinary management. She is also the winner of Top Chef Finland and the author of the cookbook 'Latinomakuja - Latin Flavours'.
Sakari Ketolainen works as a senior lecturer of culinary management at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. For Sakari, culinary arts and cooking are a way of life. Working in various restaurants has helped him to gain a deep understanding of food production and gastronomy.
200 € (incl. VAT 24 %)
Haaga-Helia ammattikorkeakoulu – täydennyskoulutus
Haaga-Helia ammattikorkeakoulu – Haaga-Helia for Business
Haluatko kehittyä oman alasi ammattilaiseksi? Haaga-Helia for Business tukee yksilöiden, yritysten ja yhteisöjen osaamisen ja toiminnan kehittämistä. Haaga-Helia for Business on monipuolinen kumppani asiantuntijoille ja esimiehille, jotka haluavat laajentaa ammatillista osaamistaan ja löytää uusia näkökulmia työuralleen. Yrityksen suurin pääoma on...
Saadaksesi lisätietoa aiheesta Culinary Management täytä seuraavat tiedot:
Saatat olla kiinnostunut myös näistä: