Recovering Troubled Projects - Palautuminen haastavista projekteistaIIL Finland Oy
Recovering Troubled Projects - Palautuminen haastavista projekteista
Learn to analyze the causes of a project’s troubles
Despite our best intentions, many of the projects that organizations undertake either don’t achieve their intended business results or end in complete failure. Most seasoned project managers have had their share of experiences with difficult or troubled projects and unless they are careful, they will encounter more.
This workshop does not focus on “failed” projects but rather on those projects which without appropriate intervention would be headed for failure. Failed projects are those beyond help and which should be terminated. Here we focus on projects that are salvageable. It is an exercise-driven, no-nonsense, professional practice-focused workshop positioning the participant to immediately apply the tools and lessons learned in the classroom.
The workshop employs the use of both illustrative and practical/working case studies. Illustrative case studies will examine insights from real-world troubled projects. Participants will be asked to bring descriptions of their own examples of troubled projects on which they’re currently working or on which they have worked in the past. A number of these will be used as the basis for the practical/working case studies.
The approach builds on and complements the disciplines addressed in Project Management Institute’s PMBOK® Guide and also addresses issues that arise when managing projects in a complex environment.
What you will learn
You will learn to:
- Recognize the value of a structured project recovery process
- Explain the reasons most projects fail
- Analyze the causes of a project’s troubles
- Construct a negotiation process to use with key stakeholders
- Apply an effective strategy to planning the recovery effort
- Manage, evaluate, and adjust the ongoing recovery effort
Opi analysoimaan mitkä tekijät aiheuttavat haastavia projekteja
Monista projektipäälliköistä saattaa kuulostaa tutulta, että projektityöskentelyssä voidaan jotua ajoittan tilanteeseen, jossa suunniteltu projekti ei saavutakkaan asetettuja tavoitteita tai projekti päättyy jopa täydelliseen epäonnistumiseen.
Tämän workshopin aikana ei keskitytä tarkastelemaan niinkään epäonnistuneita projekteja, vaan ennemminkin sellaisia, jotka olisivat todennäköisesti johtaneet epäonnistumiseen ilman kunnollista interventiota. Workshopin jälkeen olet valmis hyödyntämään oppimaasi omassa projektityöskentelyssäsi.
The ideal participants for this program include:
- Project or program managers who regularly manage complex, high visibility, high-priority projects, programs or multi-project portfolios
- Project team members who are involved with these same situations and want to make a difference on their teams
- Managers of project managers in a PMO, or middle managers, for whom the major part of their day-to-day work is project-management based
In addition to the prerequisites, those who will derive maximum benefit from attending and actively participating in this workshop would have:
- Hands-on, responsible experience with real-life project issues
- A basic operational understanding of, and experience with, key project management principles and tools, including:
- Stakeholder assessment
- Requirements definition
- Integrated configuration management and change control
- Human resource management
- PMP credential, or its equivalent, knowledge / experience
- Recognizing a troubled project
- Defining the project recovery process
The Reasons Projects Fail
- Putting failure in perspective
- Reviewing management issues
- Analyzing planning issues
- Exploring complexity issues
Assess the Project
- Stabilizing the project
- Determining preliminary Go / No-Go
- Conducting a detailed recovery assessment
Negotiate the Recovery
- Reviewing the basics of negotiation
- Setting reasonable expectations
- Obtaining appropriate PM authority
- Securing key stakeholder support
Plan the Recovery
- Planning for recoveries
- Rebuilding the project team
- Reshaping the project plan
- Managing parallel activities
- Planning for change management
Implement and Adjust the Project
- Implementing project recoveries
- Facilitating change
- Enabling continuous learning
- Fostering the project team
- Sustaining stakeholder engagement
Summary and Next Steps
- What did we learn?
- How can we implement the learning in our work environment?
IIL ´s Virtual Online conferences take place in special congress platform that provide convenience and flexibility. Please contact IIL for a promotional video presenting the approach on our virtual conferences.
Via the platform the attendee can connect in the Networking Lounge, meet sponsors in the Exhibit Hall, download slides and get instructions on how to access the IIL bonus virtual courses.
On-Demand Learning: 1050€ + alv 24 %.
IIL Finland Oy
IIL Finland Oy - Innovative and Customer-Centric Solutions
International Institute for Learning (IIL) operates globally and offers a wide range of training, consulting, mentoring and coaching solutions as well as customizable corporate training programs to top global companies in 150 countries. The combination of high caliber support staff,...
Saadaksesi lisätietoa aiheesta Recovering Troubled Projects - Palautuminen haastavista projekteista täytä seuraavat tiedot:
Saatat olla kiinnostunut myös näistä:
1 195 EUR
850 EUR-1 095 EUR
650 EUR-1 095 EUR
1 150 EUR-1 495 EUR