Project Management FundamentalsInternational Institute for Learning Finland
Project Management Fundamentals
Project Management Fundamentals
Many projects are performed by highly competent and effective people who have little or no project management training. They perform projects like process improvement, marketing campaign development, new product development, event planning and production, and other “tasks” which are projects.
Project Management Fundamentals (PMF) is designed to support those people who need a solid foundation in project management, without being unnecessarily burdened to learn it while on the job. The course offers practical skills, concepts, and principles that can be taken back to the workplace, along with insights needed to adapt them to specific project environments.
Since PMF’s course goal is to achieve quality performance by learning effective planning and control, the focus is on a process orientation and an analytical, systems-oriented approach. Together, these frameworks promote project-related problem solving and decision-making skills necessary for real world projects. They honor project needs for collaboration, clear communications among people, and interpersonal and relationship skills. Recognition of these needs are woven throughout PMF, but are highlighted in two specific areas: Module 2 – People and Projects; and Module 8 – Executing, Communicating, and Developing the Team.
The design of PMF as a learning experience is also rooted in real world perspectives. It minimizes instructor-led segments (~30%) while maximizing time devoted to interactive events (~70%), including whole group discussions, structured groupings, case study-based team exercises, individual reflection, and creation of a Personal Action Plan. Built into the experience are also embedded interactive role plays and puzzles.
Customized games and simulations that foster problem-solving skills and creative thinking are available as add-ons: Giving Risk a Fair Shake; Murphy’s Match; The Bridge Game; The Countdown Game; PoleStar PM Simulation.Contact usfor more information.
Kiinnostuitko koulutuksesta?Jos haluat lisätietoa aiheesta Project Management Fundamentals, klikkaa alta ja täytä yhteydenottolomake. Kysymyksesi lähetetään suoraan kouluttajalle.
This course is designed for:
This course is for people responsible for managing, leading, coordinating, and working on projects who have limited experience or knowledge of practical, formal project management methods. Among those who can benefit from this course are:
- Project managers who want to improve formal knowledge and skills
- Administrators and managers responsible for coordinating, facilitating or managing projects and programs
- Technical professionals and engineers moving into project leadership and coordination
- General managers responsible for projects and programs
- People in a whole range of roles that rely upon projects to achieve business objectives, e.g.,
- Marketing, training, and technical writing professionals
- Six Sigma consultants
- Members of process and performance improvement teams
- Participants in R&D
What you will learn
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Use standard project management terminology
- Describe the benefits and importance of strong project management
- Identify characteristics of a successful project and project manager
- Recognize the need to evolve and adapt in project environments requiring a higher degree of change
- Explore project management processes, including Initiating, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing
- Utilize project management processes and tools, based on case studies and real world situations
- Create an initial project plan
International Institute for Learning Finland
Optimal Delivery Methods
International Institute for Learning Finland operates globally and offers a wide range of training, consulting, mentoring and coaching solutions as well as customizable corporate training programs to top global companies in 150 countries. The combination of high caliber support staff,...
Saadaksesi lisätietoa aiheesta Project Management Fundamentals täytä seuraavat tiedot:
Saatat olla kiinnostunut myös näistä: